Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yesterday's Progress

Last night I broke out of what's become my 90-day routine (of vegging on couch or reading, too tired to go anywhere) and went to Jaleo with my friend. This isn't my restaurant blog so I won't go into detail, but let me just say that I'm still recovering from the salt coma I was in after a sad set of tapas last night. Needless to say, I forgot to blog!

So! Yesterday's memory progress:

Chopin Op.17 No.2 - 1.2/2 pages or 60%
Chopin Op.17 No.3 - 1/2 pages or 50%
Ginastera mvt 1 - 3/7 pages or 43%
Ravel Waltz #2 - 1.6/2.6 pages or 62%

aaaaand....
I realized yesterday that I completely forgot about Beethoven the day before, so yesterday I did a Beethoven catch-up, plus more memory!

Beethoven Variations - 7.17/11 pages or 65% - I have memorized all of Variation #5 - this means that all I have left of the Beethoven to memorize is the last variation and the coda! Woo! (Of course this last variation/coda is longer than all the other variations.)

Hopefully my morning caffe' latte will wake me out of this salted groggy state and I will start today's practicing sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment