Monday, June 20, 2011

So far, so good...

I got my program last week, and had a bit of time to procure the sheet music. I've been averaging about 5 hours a day so far, which I think is a great start. I've learned quickly, however, that I need to get lots of sleep right now, because memorizing makes me so tired! Yesterday I didn't accomplish much, because I was very tired, and I kind of felt like this:(I love that picture.) Needless to say, I went to bed early last night and slept 9 hours! Today I was back to being a memorizing machine! So far I've memorized parts of the Liszt, Beethoven, Ginastera and Ravel.

I've also decided to practice with painted nails. The bright polish is giving me energy! This week's color is Fairy Teal by Sally Hansen. The bright color really gave me a boost today, plus I'm doing it kind of as an experiment to see how long various polishes will last when subjected to extreme wear and tear (practicing.) After 5 hours today, it's still looking pretty good. I did also use Poshe' quick-dry top coat. (Hm, I guess I should have gone to Sally's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment