Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday's Notes

Was sooo tired all day as a result of my Jaleo salt-induced coma from last night. Apparently the DC location is better than the Crystal City one, but I don't know if I want to even try that out. Each dish was saltier than the other. ONE dish saved the meal - the simplest appetizer on the menu. Pan de Tomate - Bread with tomato smushed and smeared all over it. That was delicious. And that's all I should have ordered.

Today's Progress:

Chopin Op.17 #2 - 100% MEMORIZED!!!
Chopin Op.17 #3 - 1.33/2 pages or 67%
Ravel Waltz #2 - 2.2/2.6 pages or 85%
Ginastera mvt 1 - 3.33/7 pages or 48%

Took a break from memorizing any more Beethoven and just reemphasized the 5th variation. The 6th looks a little scary (aka pain in the butt) so I figured I'd wait until tomorrow to start it.

Ravel gets a little more comfortable under my fingers every day, but it's definitely taking its sweet time. I've got 2 more lines left to learn of Waltz #2, so slowly but surely, I'll get there. It's more motivating for me to count progress one waltz at a time, since the whole set is 25 pages.

The 2nd Chopin mazurka in e minor is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I think Op.17 is my favorite set of mazurkas. There are only four in the set, so I'm almost 50% done learning the set :) Oh! And my music finally shipped from www.burtnco.com today! So I don't have to worry about downloading the other two mazurkas from the CUA library. Although I still might.

Any fun plans for the 4th? I think I'll be spending the day at the piano :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment