Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WOO HOO!!!

Yippee! The Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody #11 is memorized!
The picture shows me very happy, and a little tired, at the end of my practicing today.

I'm still waiting for the Polish National edition of the Chopin Mazurkas and the Durand Ravel edition. Apparently the Chopin has been ready since last week, but it's the Ravel that's holding up the mailing. Not wanting to wait any longer for the Chopin, I remembered that the Catholic University library has an online database of classical scores. I checked, and printed off Op.17 Nos. 2 and 3 of the mazurkas.
Memory Progress as of today, 6/28/11:

Liszt - 100% MEMORIZED!!!
Ginastera mvt 1 - 1.5/7 pages or 21%
Ravel Waltz #2 - 1.2/2.6 pages or 46%
Chopin Mazurka Op.17 no.2 in e minor - 0.8/2 pages or 40%
Mazurka Op.17 no.3 in A-flat Major - .33/2 pages or 17%

STILL MEMORIZED:
Ginastera mvts 2 and 4
Ravel Waltz #1

NAIL POLISH NOTES:
The Essie does not seem to stay on my nails as well as the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure did last week. I also found the Sally was easier to apply, due to the flat brush. I'll probably have to redo at least the thumbs tomorrow. (They take a beating on the piano.)

No comments:

Post a Comment