Sunday, August 7, 2011

Running My Program Already!

Today was the 4th day that I've run my program through from beginning to end! (from memory)

Thursday when I did it, it took something like 90 minutes, but by today, it took 80. I'm hoping by the end of this week to have it down to 75! The program needs to be 70 minutes so I'm getting close.

I performed Chopin Mazurkas Op.17 Nos. 2 and 3 today at the church where I work, and it was a successful first performance. I'm thinking the next piece that I want to try out for the church will be the Liszt, since it has so much fancy and fast finger work. I think in two weeks it will definitely be ready to play for people.

Yesterday was the last day of the 3rd annual Washington International Piano Festival. What an amazing festival this was - I wasn't a participant, but I attended all of the evening concerts, and they were wonderful. Last night's concert featured Santiago Rodriguez, whose performance of Chopin's 2nd Sonata brought me to tears.

Well, technically there is one more concert for the festival this coming Wednesday at the Kennedy Center's Millenium Stage, 6pm, featuring participants of the festival. If you're in DC, I highly recommend attending this concert. You'll hear amazing young pianists, and it's FREE! Plus, you get an excuse to visit the Kennedy Center, which is just gorgeous. If you haven't already done so, be sure to take the elevator to the T (Terrace) level, and walk around on the terrace outside. You'll get some of the best views of Washington up there.

I'm starting to plan tryout performances of my program, and I will post the info here once they are confirmed. If you have any ideas for where I might play, send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment